Dream! Dream! Dream! Keep your dream by coding.
Sellgo is a fast growing, Portland/ San Francisco -based startup that is reinventing the way people sell on e-commerce, particularly on Amazon. Leveraging ground-breaking Data Analytics AI technology, Sellgo guides you through a few simple steps to capture profitable items to sell and transform people's lives through technology. The future of selling on e-commerce is changing and Sellgo is leading the way.
At Sellgo, we ignite the opportunity to provide Business Intelligence and Data Analytics/ BI & DA in a Saas platform to increase the global e-commerce growth. Amazon has total revenue of $200B in 2018 and 51% of it was contributed by Amazon sellers. Alibaba made $33B during one day of singles day sales on 11/11/2018. We take on big challenges to help individuals to be prosperous Amazon sellers by using Sellgo’s simple, smart and profitable platform.
Sellgo is seeking a hardworking and process-oriented Business Development to join our innovation team! Sellgo is helping people build passive income through selling on Amazon. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone can be his/ her own boss. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s drive the global e-commerce forward, together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
· You will participate in early startup to initiate Machine Learning solutions by applying your scientific knowledge to analyze and collect data, perform analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct experiment to validate these.
· You will work in face pace collaboration with the engineers, designers, user researchers to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
· You will have product impact to the worldwide e-commerce users, while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
· You will interact daily with startup founders first hand to explore the practicality of business application and contribute to decisions.
Portland OR, San Francisco CA
· Strong academic and publication at top quality conferences and journals such as: WWW, SIGIR, FAT*, NeurIPS, WSDM, SIGDIAL, RecSys, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, ICML, or related.
· Expertise in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Artificial Intelligence – you should be familiar with standard experimental setup and common techniques.
· Experience in working with at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch, Torch, TensorFlow, Caffe, Keras, H2O, etc.
· Strong programming and algorithmic skills with Python, Java or Scala, C/ C++.
· You have passion and ability to take a problem that seems difficult and find a simple solution.
· Superior communication skills, ability to explain and present deep technical ideas.
· Ability to excel in international and collaborative teams.
· Motivation to initiate and accomplish research agenda align with startup pace.
· Reasonable English skill for work environment, Mandarin proficiency is a plus.
· Experience in Back-End engineering: Python, API, knowing Golang is a plus.
· Expertise in relational database.
· Expertise in big data frameworks: Apache Spark, Hadoop, etc.
· Good knowledge in AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Bash, Chef and Apache Airflow.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Current Ph.D. student in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or MS in related field with a strong academic track record.
· 3+ years of research experience in academia or industry.
· Directly reporting to the CTO in order to:
- Train new models
- Optimize models
- Collaborate on new learning frameworks
- Deliver models to core engineering team to be deployed in the platform.
· Collaborate with CEO in order to:
- Translate business needs and ideas into flexible and adaptable technical solutions in the startup development environment.
- Engage with product development team to complete the product definition and the project scope.
- Work with cross-geographical engineering and verification team.
· Conduct business with uncompromising integrity and professionalism and ensure that Sellgo’s information is secured and kept confidential.
· We will sponsor J1 visa for overseas candidate.
· Smart, engaged co-workers.
· Great learning opportunity and experience to build a technical platform from the ground up, to beta test, to implement a live system, and to continue to improve upon it.
· Freedom in the ownership and great opportunity in career development during our growth. Let’s win and have fun together.
· Competitive total compensation package with medical benefits.
· Being an asset to our communities worldwide.
· Much more …
There are 7 words to describe us: think big small, start small and act fast. Sellgo would like to create and communicate a bold direction in technology that is impactful. We believe that accomplishing more with less is a smart way of doing things, and last but not least, develop a bias for action.
Sellgo is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity by providing an opportunity for all, including those who belong to underrepresented minority groups, to grow with us.
HOW TO APPLY
· Please provide latest academic transcript.
· Please include a Github (or equivalent) profile in the resume.
· Please provide references, if you have any.
Join our newsletter to gain tips and seasonal discounts off our product
We capture, analyze, and represent billions of data points from Amazon marketplace in the most meaningful way to help sellers.